Re: Pan sharpness, was Roundshot 220VR

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Pan sharpness, was Roundshot 220VR
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 08:51:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Please keep in mind, I was only re writing
> what Mr. Seitz wrote me.
> He said no lens on a rotational camera would be as
> sharp as the same lens on
> a still camera.

And some 'industry standard' lenses on flat film
aren't as sharp as some pans: I use a schneider 120mm
symmar-s and a Noblex 150: on the same
film/development at the same magnification, the noblex
is noticeably sharper. That may have to due with its
coverage being far less, i.e. the diff between medium
and large format optics, however.

Andy