S3D ebay

  • From: Bruce & Amy Hansen <hansen02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D ebay
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:40:13 +0000

I recently bid on a complete Exakta Stereflex set on ebay. I was
temporarily high bidder at about $1400. Before the auction ended, Ebay
cancelled the seller's account and ended the auction. The seller may
have done something dishonest, and they may have taken my money if I had
been the high bidder. Between actions like this, and the feedback
system, I feel pretty safe bidding on ebay. If I buy from a sell-3d
posting there is no equivalent system to protect a buyer. Almost all of
the people I have bought from and sold to on ebay have been honest, and
very nice people to deal with.
I have bought several items on sell-3d, and have bought and sold many
items on ebay. Both venues have their good and bad points. I don't mind
seeing ebay postings on sell-3d. I just think they should be limited in
some way(once per week per item?).

Bruce Hansen