[sell-3d] Metadiscussion: Sell-3d

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Metadiscussion: Sell-3d
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:20:05 -0600

>Would the moderators of this list please comment on whether
>this list is now formally a discussion list. It used to be purely for
>the placing of ads and discussion was specifically discouraged.
>Has this status changed?

Right offhand, the topic order of importance might be:

1. buying/selling of equipment

2. discussions of same

I can see some reason for having it be only for ad placement, but on
the other hand, if people are going to discuss ebay (which I feel like
is "a given") then it should preferably be here rather than on the
main photo-3d list.

One suggestion is for everyone to be sure to edit their subject lines.
Some lists require a preface word like:

AD: Selling 3d Stuff

or

EBAY: How not to get gypped

(also see sample on this message)

Thanks

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2:19 PM Sunday, April 9, 2000
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
Apply NOW!