Re: [sell-3d] WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116

  • From: "Allan Griffin" <agriffin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:33:49 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: Klaas Morcus <k.morcus@xxxxxx>
To: <sell-3d@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2000 8:48 AM
Subject: [sell-3d] WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116

> The evening in May on which I'll show for the first time in my life
> some  stereo slides on my TDC 116 (with a very heavy transformer 220V ->
> 112 V) to some Dutch stereo enthusiasts comes rapidly nearer. Until now
> I always used viewers. The images of the TDC 116 could be a bit brighter
> so I think I'll have to substitute the bulbs by halogen bulbs.
> Of course I can ask the well known addresses and pay $ 34.- for each
> bulb (or perhaps price is already raised) but perhaps one of you can
> sell them for a bit less?
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Klaas:   Are you aware of  whats involved in substituting TDC lamps with
halogen or other modern miniature bulbs?  I wouldn't bet on you being ready
any time in May, unless there is now available a ready-to-go adaptation
available!  First of all, you should clean and check the optics in the TDC
for proper and most efficient adjustment as well as check the pola-filters
(and pola specs).  Both could need replacing.

Do be certain to run some test slides before you leave home.  If the Dutch
group is not large and you don't go for a large image, the original lamps
should be good enough, but do take a spare pair.  Good luck.

Allan Griffin,  Australia