No Subject

 Chuk Holzner wrote

>I have been shooting stereo for almost a year now. I would like to be able
>to take a picture and later bring that slide back to the spot where it was
>taken and compare it to the site to see differences in the site.

I would like to try something of this sort myself to identify the exact
site where old stereo views were taken. My idea is to make a pair of
binoculars where a stereo slide can be inserted between the eyepieces and
objectives giving a combined stereoscope/binocular where the slide and the
original can be viewed superimposed on eachother. Some zoom optics may be
neccessary to match image size or reduce the need for movement in the one
direction in order to get a match. Perhaps using the arrangement to take a
"Now" view with the slide removed or left in place for a superimposed view.
The viewmaster combined binocular/viewer is a step in this direction but
the quality is low and you cannot superimpose the real and stereo views
there was apparently an even simpler Japanese toy viewer which may have
been nearer to what I have in mind. My first viewer was from a simple
optics kit which made a number of devices including a stereo viewer and
binoculars and I have tried to combine the two but I cannot find the
binocular as opposed to stereoscope eyepieces.          P.J.Homer