Re: [sell-3d] WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116

  • From: "Allan Griffin" <agriffin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] WTB: 500 Watt halogen bulbs for TDC 116
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:00:27 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: 3dstereo.com <ddd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <sell-3d@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2000 4:35 PM

> Allan Griffen wrote:
>
> > Klaas:   Are you aware of  whats involved in substituting TDC lamps with
> > halogen or other modern miniature bulbs?  I wouldn't bet on you being
> ready
> > any time in May...
>
> Allan, we have been selling Halogen 500W bulbs (not miniature ones) that
are
> an instant replacement for the incandescent CXZ for over 4 years now.  The
> new halogen lines up exactly along the film plane as did the incandescent.
> There are other benefits to the halogen, i.e., longer life and slightly
> brighter  I believe that Klaas knows all this and knows that we sell them
> but he's just trying to shop around for a better price. If you would like
> see what they look like, please go to
> http://www.3dstereo.com/online-store/scstore/index.html
> our eMarket and search on halogen.
> regards,

Allan G. here:   Checked your site as above.  Thanks for the info.  I only
joined sell-3d a couple of days ago!
A couple of questions: 1. Your name/s
2.  Is the halogen replacement for the TDC any cooler than the
     incandescent?
3.  Because the filament appears to be smaller, is it in fact more
     efficient?  I would have thought it might even be cooler,
permitting one to use the next higher wattage.

Catch y' later ..........Allan

TDC
> > for proper and most efficient adjustment as well as check the
pola-filters
> > (and pola specs).  Both could need replacing.
> >
> > Do be certain to run some test slides before you leave home.  If the
Dutch