T3D Re: great flash sync, well not really

  • From: Paul Talbot <ptww@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: great flash sync, well not really
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:25:56 -0500

Greg Erker wrote:

>   I also have built a delay circuit
> that let me use strobes with my old
> Ricohflex Model VII. The schematic
> used to be up on Joel Alper's RMM
> web page but doesn't seem to be on
> the new Paul Talbot RMM site.

Perhaps this is the page you mean:

http://www.frii.com/~rkymtmem/3d.tutorial/repairs/flash.delay/flash.delay.html

IMO, Joel was being much too modest calling his reference
pages a "tutorial" and only linking to it from his main page
with the very subtle: "If you're new to 3D photography, check
out our 3D Tutorial!"  There is such an incredible wealth of
extremely valuable information in those pages, for novices and
experts alike!  I'm surprised no one ever mentions this info
on P3D.  Many 3D questions can be answered by reading this
great resource!  I  have therefore decided to rename this tome
the "3D Encyclopedia."

So the 3D "Tutorial" is now accessible from:
http://www.rmm3d.com/3d.encyclopedia/index.html  There
is a farily prominent link to the encyclopedia index
on the new RMM home page at http://www.rmm3d.com  All
the detail pages of the encyclopedia, however, are still
residing on Joel's server.

Moving these pages over and updating the links in them
looks like a massive job.  I've spent several hours
working on it this evening.  If there are any Unix gurus
out there who could answer two questions (off-list) for
me, it would sure help a lot!

  - How can I easily replace several contiguous lines of
text at the bottom of many html files spread across a
directory tree of significant size?

  - How can I easily rename all .html files to .shtml?

Any assistance will be much appreciated!

Paul Talbot